Jennings School District is Recruiting High Performing, Creative Teachers Committed to Urban Education!
Jennings School District is always recruiting high performing, creative individuals to join our exceptional team of educators. Ongoing recruitment is occurring for all certified and support staff positions. Positions with an *(asterisk) are available for the 2017-2018 school year and we are now accepting applications.
*Elementary Teachers (Grades 4-6)
Secondary ELA Teachers
*Secondary Math Teachers (Grades 5-9)
*School Secretary (elementary & junior high school)
Paid Alumni Internship
School Crossing Guards
*Interested candidates can download an application by clicking HERE and forward to:
Jennings School District
Attn: Personnel Services
2559 Dorwood Drive, Jennings, MO 63136
2016-2017 and 2017-2018 Job Opportunities
Current 2016-2017 Support Staff Opportunities
School Nurse (1 position--high school 9-12)
LPN certified, RN preferred
3-5 years experience working in an educational setting
Compensation commensurate to experience.
School Crossing Guard (2 positions available)
Directs students and other pedestrians for the purpose of ensuring their safe access to and from school.
Maintains school crossing guard equipment (i.e. stop sign, vest, etc.).
Reports observations and/or incidents to appropriate instructional and/or administrative personnel.
Must be able to work independently and with minimum supervision
2017-2018 Support Staff Opportunities
School Secretary (2 positions-- 1 elementary, 1 junior high school)
Organize, coordinate, schedule and perform office functions at a school; serve as secretary to the Principal and coordinate communications between administrators, District and staff, parents, students and the general public.
JOB TITLE: School Secretary
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
· Performs a variety of clerical, secretarial and bookkeeping duties within the school.
· Serves as secretary and provides administrative assistance to the building administrators: schedules and arranges appointments, meetings and conferences.
· Assist administration in the preparation and maintenance of financial and narrative reports; researches, compiles and organizes information.
· Maintains daily teacher attendance log and records of substitute teachers.
· Answers phones and greets visitors, provides information to students, parents, faculty and staff.
· Types written correspondence, bulletins, memoranda, calendars, records, reports and evaluations for administrators upon request.
· Coordinates and assists with special events for the school (i.e. registration, parent/teacher conferences), assures adherence to legal requirements and Board policies.
· Responsible for monitoring daily student attendance.
· Works confidentially with discretion.
· Operates a variety of business and office machines, not limited to computer, copiers, and communications equipment.
· Processes incoming and outgoing office mail; sorts and arranges for delivery.
· Handles request for general information, complaints and inquiries regarding district policies and procedures.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbal, including presentations.
· Ability to use basic, job related equipment.
· Be self-motivated and able to work with limited direct supervision.
· Flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances and a diverse group of individuals.
· Knowledge of NCLB (No Child Left Behind), FERPA and other federal, state and local guidelines.
· Passionate about improving urban public education and devoted to making a difference.
EDUCATION PREPARATION: (Formal and Informal)
High School diploma or equivalent
Minimum of three years job related experience; experience in an educational setting preferred
Have knowledge and prior experience as a school registrar
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
· 11 Month Employee
· Eligible for personal time off days and benefits upon hire as set by JSD Board Policy
The Job Description above identifies the essential functions, knowledge, skills and experience required for this position, and provides examples of duties that may be required. This description does not outline all job duties & responsibilities that may be required of this position.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Jennings School District is seeking an information technology technician for the 2017-18 school year.
The following skills and experience are a required: -Great Communication Skills (written and verbal) --Educational Technology in general --Technology Planning and Management --Windows Server 2008
--Cisco Switches --Active Directory --Windows XP, Vista, 7 --Office Suites --Working with non-technical end-users/customers --General tech troubleshooting and problem solving --Large-scale migrations and deployments --Imaging and managing PCs on a large network
Educational Requirements --At least Bachelor Degree in Technology, Education or Network Related Studies (Proven track record and experience may overcome this requirement) --Graduate Degrees are a significant plus --Certifications Microsoft, Cisco, Comptia, etc. a plus
For more information go to www.jenningsk12.org . Apply now by sending your resume to Stephanie Alexander at email@example.com for immediate consideration!
Jennings Senior High
Assistant Track Coach
Girls Assistannt Soccer Coach
For immediate consideration, please forward your letter of interest or resume to Personnel Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. Ryan Wallace, Athletic and Activities Director at email@example.com.