Jennings School District is Recruiting High Performing, Creative Teachers Committed to Urban Education!
Jennings School District is always recruiting high performing, creative individuals to join our exceptional team of educators. Ongoing recruitment is occurring for all certified and support staff positions. Positions with an *(asterisk) are available for the 2017-2018 school year and we are now accepting applications.
*Part time Parent Educator
School Crossing Guards
*Interested candidates complete the application online by clicking HERE.
2017-2018 Job Opportunities
Current 2017-2018 Support Staff Opportunities
School Nurse (1 position--high school 9-12)
LPN certified, RN preferred
3-5 years experience working in an educational setting
Compensation commensurate to experience.
School Crossing Guard (2 positions available)
Directs students and other pedestrians for the purpose of ensuring their safe access to and from school.
Maintains school crossing guard equipment (i.e. stop sign, vest, etc.).
Reports observations and/or incidents to appropriate instructional and/or administrative personnel.
Must be able to work independently and with minimum supervision
2017-2018 Support Staff Opportunities
PART-TIME PARENT EDUCATOR--PARENTS AS TEACHERS PROGRAM
Parent educators shall have a Bachelors Degree in early childhood education or related field; supervisory experience working with young children and their parents; effective communication skills and ability to build trusting, professional relationships with parents; Completion of the approved parent educator training and certification as a parent educator preferred.
Interested candidates should forward inquiry/resume to Mrs. Stephanie Alexander, Director of Federal Programs and Personnel Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/jenningsk12/onlineapp/.
Internal District Opportunities
Director Secretary --Facilities (January 2018)
ONLY Current Jennings Employess are eligbile to apply. Interested candidates should complete the online application.
Performs complex secretarial, clerical and administrative duties required to provide highly confidential administrative/clerical support to the Director of Facilities.
JOB TITLE: Director Secretary-Faciliites
REPORTS TO: Director of Facilities
Perform a variety of clerical, secretarial and administrative tasks that demand independent action and judgment with limited supervision; gained through experience, training, and education.
Usage of both personal computers and district systems.
Responsible for executing multiple tasks and must be able to account for the status of each task; this may include but not limited to logging and status review or supervision of assigned tasks to fellow employees, to insure task completion in a timely manner.
Establish and maintaining complex filing systems, and documenting the filing system so that the employee, as well as others, will be able to efficiently retrieve information from the established files.
Work will receive limited review by an administrative superior for completeness, accuracy and adherence to established policies; therefore it will be the responsibility of the employee to self-check all work.
Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook, SIS /other district data systems.
· Ability to create a PowerPoint presentation using text, graphics, sounds and transitions that communicate and complement the information being shared.
· Thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
· Work effectively under pressure with changing work demands in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to demonstrate positive thinking skills in critical situations.
· Project a positive professional image.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Able to prioritize workload.
· Ability to work independently or with a minimum of supervision.
· Ability to add, subtract, divide and multiply in all units of measure consistent with the duties of this position.
· Ability to interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, other faculty and staff, and business contacts form outside the district.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the community.
· Extensive experience in typing/word processing, oral dictation/dictation machine techniques, business practices and computer functions.
· Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
· Adheres to district and building policies, rules and procedures.
EDUCATION PREPARATION: (Formal and Informal)
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school experience preferred.
Three or more (3) years’ experience in office or other clerical work or any combination of training and experience; with advanced secretarial responsibilities.
Clerical experience in a school setting is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to occasionally reach below knees, waist to knee, waist to chest, chest to shoulder and above shoulder.
• Ability to occasionally pull, lift, carry and push 15 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The demands of an extended workday (coverage of building activities and extra-curricular activities, etc.), require a high level of physical endurance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job.
· Work is routinely performed in a typical interior/office environment.
· Very limited or no exposure to physical risk.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
12 month, at will-employee
Eligible for sick and vacation days upon hire as set by JSD Board Policy
The Job Description above identifies the essential functions, knowledge, skills and experience required for this position, and provides examples of duties that may be required. This description does not outline all job duties & responsibilities that may be required of this position.