Schools are required to comply with federal school safety directives and Missouri state requirements for educational facilities. These plans ensure that the District is responsive to a variety of critical incidents. These measures include:
- Daily review of local, national, and world events by the Coordinator of Safety and Security
- Maintaining a heightened state of vigilance
- Employee identification badges and visitor sign-in procedures
- Security cameras in all of our buildings
- Crossing Guards placed at intersections for our students' safety: Jennings Station Road and Emma, across from the police station (2 people stationed there); West Florissant and Sunbury, near Woodland and Hanrahan; Lucas & Hunt and Horde; Horde and Cozens, in front of the candy store and barber shop; Jennings Junior High, at the stop sign and the cross walk (2 people); Shannon and Cozens; Northview, at the driveway into the school and at the corner crosswalk (2 people); and Halls Ferry Road and Cozens, in front of the senior citizen residence.
Emergency communications and messaging systems
School "Law Enforcement Unit"
- Police officers from local agencies in all middle and high schools; daily contact with elementary schools
- Front Door Security Systems at all buildings
- Safety drills for fire, tornado, earthquake, and intruder
- Critical Incident Response and Assessment Teams in every school/building
- Crisis Response Manuals
- Missouri School Violence Hotline: 1-866-748-7047, or Text "Report it" to 847411 (be sure to include school name and city location)
- St. Louis County Safe Schools Hotline: 314-889-SAFE (7237)