Special Enrollment Wavier


A “Special Enrollment Waiver” is a form that allows a person who is not listed on a student’s birth certificate to enroll him/her in school.


Acceptable documents providing guardianship are as follows:

  • Placement paperwork for Social Services or case worker

  • Court-Appointed custody

  • Most recently filed income tax year form showing that you claimed the student

  • Current Power Of Attorney alone is only acceptable in these circumstances (parent is in the military or is incarcerated) 

  • Proof that you are receiving State or Federal support for the student (i.e. SSI, TANF, etc)

  • For fathers not on birth certificate (child support info, proof of insurance coverage, prior years’ tax returns etc.)