Students in Transition (S.I.T)

If you are considered a Student in Transition, please contact Dr. Veronica Macklin at or 314-653-8169.



Students in Transition (SIT) refers to students who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.  This includes but limited to:

  • Students sharing the housing of other due to loss of housing or economic hardship, called “Doubled-Up”

  • Evictions

  • Foreclosures

  • Fires

  • Flooding

  • Students living in hotel/motels

  • Students living in shelters/transitional housing

  • Utilities currently off

  • Domestic Violence situations

  • Unaccompanied Youth

  • Dangerous/Health Hazards (i.e. mold, condemned, etc)